Monday, May 19, 2014

Made With Virtue: Alex Bukalo’s E36 M3

title
South Florida is spoiled. Every time I visit the weather is incredible, the people are in great moods, and there is always something interesting being built. This past trip I came across Alex Bukalo and his impeccable BMW E36 M3.
DSC_5533
While Alex and I cruised the outskirts of Estero looking for a place to shoot I admired the interior. The half cage, color matched alpine white to the exterior, looks brilliant while complimented by the imola red Vader seats.  Basic, yet still maintaining a rooted motorsport feel, the interior was just the a precursor to the rest of the simplicity of Alex’s M3.
DSC_5534
DSC_5543
As we found a place to stop and snap some shots I couldn’t help but notice Alex’s export zoll plate. One thing I will always love about car culture is just how diverse it really is. Influenced by experiences and heritage groups we surround ourselves with it never seizes to amaze me how opinions and tastes change from car to car.  For Alex it’s all about cleaning up the numerous subtle details, which really adds up cosmetically.
DSC_5565
DSC_5563
When we decided to move the car to another location I realized just how spoiled South Florida really is. With Winter being virtually nonexistent not only are the cars usually in great shape the roads follow suit. This rewards Alex with the ability to drive static, slammed on his fully polished Carline CM6s all year.
DSC_5531
DSC_5541
While wrapping up the shoot I realized just how much the E36 body style is growing on me. After taking a step back and just admiring it I concluded that due to the overall aggressive stance and hard body lines there’s just something special about these cars, and Alex’s build captured whatever it is.
DSC_5552

No comments:

Post a Comment